Hello Spring! Today I am going to share will you how to create this easy DIY floral inspired coffee filter garland. Not only is it extremely easy but it only requires inexpensive materials that you most likely already have on hand at home.
- Food Coloring
- Coffee Filters
- Bowls (you will need one bowl for each color dye that you are using)
- String, ribbon, twine or fishing line
1. Fill each bowl with water and add your food coloring. Start with less food coloring and adjust to how bright you would like the color to be.
2. Take your coffee filter and quickly dip the edges into the colored water. The water and color will absorb up into the filter so you do not need to dip the filter for very long.
3. Repeat with your remaining filters varying colors if desired.
4. Let the filters dry completely.
5. Create a cone shape with the filter and tie with your desired string. To create a garland make sure that your string is long enough and continue the tying process every foot or so down the length of the string.