It has been awhile since I blogged about a craft project and today’s is a super easy one. Snow globes! I have a childish obsession with shaking a snow globe back and forth watching the glitter slowly swirl around. (Anyone else with me?) Regardless of the reason behind my obsession this is a quick and easy project and the end result can bring some handmade glisten to your desk, bookshelf, or décor at your next party. Stay tuned – I will be showing you how I incorporate snow globes into a winter themed tablescape next week!
1. First gather all of your material together and the best part is it does not require much. Most likely you already have most of the items on hand but if not they can all easily be found at your local craft store. You will need:
- Mason Jar (or other similar jar)
- Plastic Figurines
- Waterproof glue or epoxy
2. Glue your figurines to the lid of the jar. Let dry.
3. Fill your jar with water. You want to leave some space on the top to allow for movement but you want to make sure that he tops of your figurines are covered.
4. Put a drop or two of glycerin into the water.
5. Put as much glitter as you like!
6. Glue the edge of your lid to create a water tight seal and screw your lid on. Note: You want to leave it upside down to allow for the glue around the lid to dry before flipping it over.
7. Shake until your heart is content!